The current stage of development of UK lotteries
1993-year is considered the starting point for the development of modern English lotteries, because it was in this year that John Major made the decision to establish a new UK National Lottery. The organization was entrusted to the Camelot Group, which to this day runs the National Lottery.
At the same time, within the framework of the new format, the first game took place in 1994. 19 November, and it was broadcast on television. In 1999, residents of the axis. Meng were also able to take part in it.. At the same time, at the moment there is a division of all official lottery drawings in the UK into those, which are organized by the Camelot Group, and to them, that belong to other third party operators.
Camelot Group regularly holds draws within the framework of such lotteries, as:
- Lotto, which is the most famous and popular in the UK;
- Thunderball, which is an alternative analogue of a similar game in America;
- Lotto HotPicks и Lotto Raffle, which are additional games for the original Lotto;
- Scratch cards and online Instant Wins with the ability to quickly win online;
- EuroMillions UK Millionaire Maker, which is held throughout Europe.
Among the most famous lotteries of third-party companies are the People's Postcode Lottery and the equally popular The Health Lottery.